Nevada Allergen Awareness
|Nevada||State Accepted (todos los condados)|
|Certificate validity||3 years (3 años)|
What’s Included in this Package?
100% Online, Video Training (Available in English or Spanish)
Training takes 1 hours to complete. We are the only company to offer video-training.
Online Exam – 2 Attempts Available (Available in English or Spanish )
30 Question ANSI Accredited Exam that can be taken 100% online, with no need for a proctor .
ANSI Accredited Certificate
Once you pass your exam you will receive an ANSI Approved Allergen Awareness Certificate.
The Importance of Allergen Awareness
The state of Nevada has over 40 million visitors each year, with some restaurants serving over 70,000 pizzas. With this amount of people coming into the state it’s important that people within the foodservice industry understand how to deal with a customer who has food allergies.
Always Food Safe’s short (under one hour), ANSI accredited, video-based Allergen Awareness training is perfect for anyone working within the food industry.
The training will teach you the essentials of Allergen Awareness, so you will be able to treat a food allergy sufferer’s order with confidence and competency.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand what are the causes of an allergic reaction
- Identify the 8 main food allergens
- Identify cross-contact risks and understand methods for preventing cross-contact in the workplace through cleaning and sanitizing, good personal hygiene, and controlling the flow of food
- Understand how to listen and communicate with customers who have food allergies, andhow to communicate within the operation from the customer, through front of house to the kitchen, including co-workers, chefs and managers
- Be able to recognize the most common symptoms of an allergic reaction, and how to deal with an attack
Chapter 1 – Introduction
Chapter 2 – Introduction to Allergens
- What is a Food Allergy and how does it affect someone?
- What is Coeliac Disease and what is Gluten?
- Symptoms of an Allergic Reaction
- Anaphylactic Shock
- Recognizing an Attack
- Emergency Procedures
Chapter 3 – The 9 Allergens
Chapter 4 – Recipe Creation to Storage
Chapter 5 – Preparation Through to Service
- Food Preparation – Cook – Assembly of Dish
- Front of House Service
- Self Service
- Menu Information
- Front of House Staff
Chapter 6 – Cleaning
- Required Procedures
- Front of House