Pennsylvania Alcohol Training (RAMP)
RAMP Server/Seller Alcohol Training
Certificate Valid For:
Computers, tablets, & smartphones
This course provides instruction on:
- The social impact of alcohol
- The impact of alcohol on the body
- State laws and regulations relating to alcoholic beverage control including laws and regulations related to driving under the influence
- Intervention techniques to prevent the service or sale of alcoholic beverages to underage persons or intoxicated patrons
- The development of management policies that support the prevention of service or sale of alcoholic beverages to underage persons or intoxicated patrons
Owner/Manager Alcohol Training
This component consists of training and focuses on those most responsible for determining daily operations and policies – the owner and manager. In order to comply with this component, an owner or the PLCB-approved manager must complete this training. Act 113 of 2011 requires all managers approved by the PLCB to complete this training course within 180 days of approval, unless successfully completed within the previous two years.
Server/Seller Alcohol Training
This component consists of training for a licensee’s alcohol service staff (this includes anyone who serves alcoholic beverages or checks IDs). To comply, at least 50 percent of the licensee’s alcohol service staff must complete this training course and this percentage must be maintained at all times. After completing the course, employees are required to pass a course examination with a score of 80 percent or better.