Oregon Allergen Awareness
|Oregon||State Accepted (todos los condados)|
|Certificate validity||3 years (3 años)|
What’s Included in this Package?
100% Online, Video Training (Available in English or Spanish)
Training takes 1 hours to complete. We are the only company to offer video-training.
Online Exam – 2 Attempts Available (Available in English or Spanish )
30 Question ANSI Accredited Exam that can be taken 100% online, with no need for a proctor .
ANSI Accredited Certificate
Once you pass your exam you will receive an ANSI Approved Allergen Awareness Certificate.
The Importance of Allergen Awareness
Every three minutes, a food allergy reaction sends someone to the emergency room.
These sorts of statistics highlight how important it is that people working within the foodservice industry are trained in Allergen Awareness. Every establishment should be able to deal with an allergy sufferer from the moment they walk into the restaurant until they leave the premise.
Although there are no mandatory requirements in the state of Oregon in relation to Allergen Awareness, the training is definitely recommended to anyone working with food on a regular basis.
Always Food Safe’s ANSI accredited training is perfect for anyone working within this industry. The training will provide the essentials of food allergies and then explain how to utilize policies and procedures to make sure all customers can eat safely in your foodservice establishment.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand what are the causes of an allergic reaction
- Identify the 8 main food allergens
- Identify cross-contact risks and understand methods for preventing cross-contact in the workplace through cleaning and sanitizing, good personal hygiene, and controlling the flow of food
- Understand how to listen and communicate with customers who have food allergies, andhow to communicate within the operation from the customer, through front of house to the kitchen, including co-workers, chefs and managers
- Be able to recognize the most common symptoms of an allergic reaction, and how to deal with an attack
Chapter 1 – Introduction
Chapter 2 – Introduction to Allergens
- What is a Food Allergy and how does it affect someone?
- What is Coeliac Disease and what is Gluten?
- Symptoms of an Allergic Reaction
- Anaphylactic Shock
- Recognizing an Attack
- Emergency Procedures
Chapter 3 – The 9 Allergens
Chapter 4 – Recipe Creation to Storage
Chapter 5 – Preparation Through to Service
- Food Preparation – Cook – Assembly of Dish
- Front of House Service
- Self Service
- Menu Information
- Front of House Staff
Chapter 6 – Cleaning
- Required Procedures
- Front of House